One of the oldest fairs in the county is making its way to Cirencester in October as the town welcomes Nichols Amusements of the Showmen’s Guild of Great Britain for the return of the annual Mop Fair.
Smaller authority name: CIRENCESTER TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement Monday 18th June 2018 (a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Andrew Tubb, Chief Executive Officer/Responsible Financial Officer, Bingham House, Dyer Street, Cirencester, GL7 2PP
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: 01285 655646
commencing on (c) Wednesday 20th June 2018
and ending on (d) Tuesday 31st July 2018
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) Andrew Tubb, RFO
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice which must be not less than 1 day before the date in (c) below
(b) Insert name, position and address/telephone number/ email address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the accounts
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1 day after the date of announcement in (a) above and at least 30 working days before the date appointed in (d) below
(d) The inspection period between (c) and (d) must be 30 working days inclusive and must include the first 10 working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person placing the notice – this person must be the responsible financial officer for the smaller authority
Cirencester Town Council are delighted to announce the winners of the 2018 Cirencester Fleece Fayre Photography Competition. The competition was launched to encourage the community to capture images of the second annual Fleece Fayre, held in Cirencester Market Place on Monday 7th May. The competition was split in to two categories for those over and under 18, the winners were voted for by members of the public.
Cirencester Town Council's Annual Report for 2017/18 has just been published. The purpose of the annual report is to provide an overview of Cirencester Town Council’s structure and performance over the last year.
Cirencester Town Council in partnership with The Corn Hall has produced a Markets & Events Leaflet. This provides a month by month breakdown of markets and events in the town and focuses on special events that are planned for the year.
Download the 2018 copy here or call into our Local Information Centre at Bingham House to pick up a copy.