Cirencester Town Council is seeking to appoint a professional project co-ordinator and administrator to support the preparation of a Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Town Council is also working alongside Cotswold District Council in establishing a framework masterplan for the town centre and this appointment may include some work relating to this joint initiative.
Initially the appointment is for a fixed period of four months commencing early 2019 and is anticipated to be for one or two days a week.
The main requirements of the appointment will include:
• Preparing and submitting an application for funding to Locality towards the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan https://neighbourhoodplanning.org/.
• Establishing whether or not Cirencester Town Council is eligible for additional funding support through any of Locality’s technical support packages https://neighbourhoodplanning.org/about/technical-support/.
• Preparing ward profiles for each of the 8 wards within the Cirencester parish boundary.
• Co-ordinating and facilitating community workshops to raise awareness of the Neighbourhood Development Plan process, the joint work with Cotswold District Council and opportunity for the public to become a member of the community-led steering group which will lead on preparing the NDP on behalf of the Town Council.
• Arranging related planning training for Councillors and anyone who has expressed an interest in joining the steering group (n.b. the cost of the training and venue, including any refreshments to be invoiced directly to Cirencester Town Council).
• Identifying and outlining the planning related issues which are to be addressed in the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
• Identifying any non-planning related issues which need to be addressed through engagement outside of the NDP process.
• To administrate and co-ordinate the appointment of a community-led steering group, in consultation with the CEO of the Town Council and its Corporate Group.
• To provide general project management support.
The appointment can be made on a consultancy or employed basis; in the first instance please submit your expression of interest with a CV and covering statement of no more than 500 words as to your suitability, along with a fee proposal if you are applying as a consultant to the CEO, Andrew Tubb at email@example.com no later than Tuesday 8th January 2019.